Monday, April 17, 2006

Goodbye Sarajevo... for now

I leave Sarajevo on Wednesday morning after 6 months in Bosnia. I am certainly sad to go, but thankful for everything I have experienced and learned here. Life goes on.

In the chaos of trying to wrap up my Bosnian life, I haven't had the time to sit down and provide some final thoughts. I will do that when I get back home next week, as well as put up some new pictures.

At the risk of sounding sentimental (which never stopped me before), I would like to quote from a classic Bosnian folk song that invariably induces groups of drunken Sarajevans to fling their arms around each other and belt out the words. It goes:

Sa Sa Sarajevo,
It has a magic power,
Anyone who comes here once,
Must come back again,
Oooh Sa Sa Sarajevo...

I have a feeling this will not be the last time I see Sarajevo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home